Monday, February 28, 2011

Save on decor - Wedding or just your home!

Our wedding style/theme - vintage with a hint of country


When it comes to flowers and centerpieces, it's so easy to go overboard! Luckily, I'm a simple kind of girl so that's what I look for when it comes to our wedding decor. You won't find any grandiose floral arrangements at our wedding! I love the look of mason jars. I need to research when the sun sets in September to know if we're going to need candles. I feel like the photos above portray my vision perfectly. 

Since I have 7 months, I plan to hit up my local thrift stores regularly. I'm looking for any interesting glass pieces (mason jars or other vases). I'll probably stop by a thrift store on my way home from work so hopefully I'll have a post later of my findings! I think thrift store finds are going to be perfect for the vintage tone (and our budget!). 

6 comments:

Tamela said...

Mason jars are a beautiful decor idea. I love those pictures you have to represent your theme.

Lindsey said...

I love that look too. Hobby Lobby and Michaels have a ton of Mason Jars for good prices. Can't wait to see what you find!

Lindsey said...

Also I follow this girl's blog and I was in love with what she did for her outdoor wedding. Literally amazing:

http://fromportlandtopeonies.blogspot.com/search/label/our%20wedding


Check her out if you haven't already!

Erin Tagle said...

SMART GIRL. Also, try Ikea. For my wedding, we used single Gerber daisies in empty wine bottles (labels removed) in groupings. We spent maybe $100 at Central Market - that included enough flowers for our boquets (I made my own - it's super easy and all tables, boutineers, etc.)

PS - if you need a GREAT photographer for a super-reasonable price, ours was fantastic. http://www.facebook.com/stevankoyephotography

Just passing the word on. :) We had a big wedding, out at White Rock Lake (the Filter Building) ... I wanted to be able to spend money on an open bar, so we cut corners with tons of DIY stuff.

Katie said...

I love the old world feel of mason jars. I was married in Maui, but my husbands Mom threw us a reception in Tucson, and had tons of mason jars filled with flowers and tea lights. It was beautiful! Definitely recommend. PS, what day are you getting married in September? We were the 29th!

XO, Katie

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

oh I love the look of the Mason Jars.


P.S.

i am doing the handwriting tag tomorrow I am so excited.