Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Instead of complaining that the rosebush is full of thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses." - Proverb

 via
Is this not the cutest perfume bottle ever? I don't even know what this stuff smells like but I want it for the bottle.

My obsessions with mermaids started at a young age. Of course, beginning with the movie The Little Mermaid and leading all the way into tying my feet together when I went swimming in our pool (even if it led to almost drowning once or twice to the lack of being able to actually swim like that... at least I was a "mermaid".) As an adult, I'm a sucker for anything with a mermaid on it. lol Yes, I even bought a child's shirt in an XL at Walmart because it featured The Little Mermaid AND glitter. Win and win.
..........................................................................................................
So I've been MIA from here for about a week now... I apologize! My fiance and I went to Austin last weekend, decided to do some "spring cleaning" on President's day (what a way to spend a holiday!), hit the gym after work on Tuesday, had to leave work early yesterday to make it to my hometown an hour away to get my vehicle registration on Wednesday (and since we were there... might as well visit the family), and now it's Thursday and I'm squeezing in this post before I hit the gym at 7. I miss my days of coming home and having some quality time with my DVR. I've yet to watch the new Real Housewives of Miami but it's still waiting on me! 

I've been such a grouch here lately... it's probably good I haven't posted in a while because it'd probably be nothing but gripe, gripe, gripe! lol I'm tired, grouchy, and evidently slept on my hands the other night because I have a constellation on the left side of my chin. (My stupid sensitive skin is so dramatic sometimes...) 

Oh, and my fiance and I bought a scale. Bad - effing- idea. The first time I stepped on it I swore it had to be broken. 144lbs? NO FREAKING WAY. I've never weighed that in my life! Then I realized I was fully clothed... and later, I realized my clothes were only 4lbs. (I was seriously convincing myself I had about 12lbs in clothing.) I've got some work to do. I'm working on a diet overhaul and forcing myself to go to the gym.

I guess I'm awaiting that glorious time of month! (That's the only time I tend to get pissed off at whichever way the wind blows... lol) It's ridiculous, I know. 

Tomorrow is a new day...

I want to sincerely thank anyone who actually read this whole post :)

"Instead of complaining that the rosebush is full of thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses." - Proverb
-I'm trying.

2 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

You always look thin and that isn't that much! I gave away my scale a couple years ago and am afraid that I haven't weighed myself since then . . . probably not good news. But seriously--you look great and shouldn't worry about the number, especially since it's not even bad!

I've always been curious about your blog name! How do you pronounce Cene and what does it mean?

Cupcakes and Cosmopolitans said...

Um, yeah I wish I was 144 lbs...
That would be amazing!

$armin<3