Friday, January 14, 2011

I can't wait until summer comes back around...

This photo was taken in the backyard of one of my closest friends a couple of summers ago. We've been friends since were were 4 years old and she STILL lives in the same house :) I love it because when I get to go see her... it's like a step back in time.


This cold, snowy weather here in Dallas is getting old. I'm such a summer girl. I miss the golden sunny days, the bright blue sky, the scarce clouds, the sound of the crickets at night...
*sigh*

I can't wait for summer to come back around.

Well, my fiancé and I have been talking and it's looking like we might be able to pull off a wedding early this fall. As I announced before (which I should stop doing until the save-the-dates go out!) we were originally set for April 30, 2011. Unfortunately, this date was fast approaching and our finances were still lacking. We've been recently blessed with some positive changes to our finances so it's looking like an early fall wedding is in the works!

The dates we're considering: Sept 24, Oct 1, or Oct 8.

We're having an outdoor wedding at my aunt & uncle's ranch so the weather forecast is extremely important! I'm hoping these days won't be too hot... and if it rains (because this state is so bipolar), then we're getting married in a barn. lol I'll do my best to make it look more like this scene from The Proposal:
... a girl can wish!

Well, wish me luck as I truly beginning the wedding planning!! And I am MORE THAN HAPPY to take any tips :)

1 comment:

Tracey ann said...

Can I start off by saying I love the pick and the blog... I sooo want to get married and it to look just like that secene ! My only suggestion is when it comes down to it, it's your wedding and make sure that when people start saying do it this way or that, it's whatever you want not them. I've seen those crazy wedding shows where everyone runs over the bride and I've seen where the bride was gonna run over everyone literally lol... Let me know if you ever need anything love ya