Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A few suggestions and a HUGE money-saving tip!

I made a dangerous trip to Ulta last week (my weakness!) but I luckily made it out without draining my funds!! I picked up just a couple items -

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller

I didn't think I would really like this item in the beginning. I held on to the receipt just in case! Of course, I brought it home and HAD to try it right then and there. I wasn't all that impressed.However, things sure changed the next morning! I woke up and gave it another try and I must say... I love it! The color is just enough to hide my dark circles and reflects light nicely. Puffiness went down drastically too!
Verdict: yes. I'm addicted.
...................................................

"Yes to Cucumbers" Facial Towelettes

These facial wipes are GREAT. They smell good and are very refreshing.
Verdict: yes
..................................................
This is where the Ulta haul ends....
..................................................

Massaging Bath Pillow

I scored this little jewel at Walmart for 50% off (when they put all their Christmas items on sale after Christmas). I'm not necessarily saying you should find THIS pillow but as a bubble bath lover... I'm convinced that having a pillow makes it 1000x more relaxing!
....................................................................

I wanted a Clarisonic for a long time.

And then... I found out that Olay was coming out with their own version and they claim it is just "as effective as the $200 leading product."

My fiancé surprised me with one for Christmas!

Olay Professional Pro-X Face Cleansing Brush

I love love love it!

I really do believe this product could give Clarisonic a run for their money! I use it with my normal face wash (Johnson's Baby Soap) and I've definitely noticed a difference in my skin. The texture is much smoother and I literally have had NO BREAKOUTS. I went through a whole "time of the month" without a single breakout! (Which never happens by the way! That's usually how I know it's coming!)

I would HIGHLY recommend this product!!
Verdict: Save the $150... get the Olay version

I think it's time to go enjoy my bath pillow in a nice, hot bubble bath :)

9 comments:

♥Aubrey said...

Ooooh i sooo want that bath pillow. It looks VERY relaxing! And the Olay face brush...thanks for the tip :))

mrs.mfc said...

I'm glad to hear you like the Olay brush because I have been wondering if it was any good. AND I have really been wanting a bath pillow!!

Lindsey said...

Great review!!

I just gave you a blog award, check out my latest post! =)

Linds

diana kang said...

im going to have to take a look next time i go shopping! xx

Kendra said...

Oh man, that bath pillow looks LOVELY.!

Meredith said...

this all looks too good to be true. i want it all now!! fun fun:)
Yours Mine and Ours

Kristin said...

ahh that pillow looks comfy!! i love baths!

Katie said...

Ive always stayed away from those face brushes(thats what they look like to me) They look like they'd be soo hard on your face and mines so sensitive..
My skin doesnt break out as mmuch as it did when I was in HS(I must add bc it was in my so what wednesday post that I graduated HS 5 yrs ago ahha) but I do get tiny little breakouts around my time of the month too. Maybe if I keep getting breakouts I may have to dish some dough for this product. Thanks for sharing everything!

Andee Layne said...

oh yeah! what a great find! i have been debating the clarisonic but hesitant because of the price! I will def be looking into this one! great find xo