Tuesday, February 5, 2013

When Tuesday Feels like Thursday and It Sucks When You Realize It's Nowhere Near Friday

No, seriously. 

All day today I've felt like it's a Thursday so I'm sure I'll be waking up tomorrow extremely disappointed that it is indeed, only Wednesday. 


I swear I get these period "tides". EVERY month just before my period I get these extreme emotions about my life. Primarily, my job. Am I alone?? Don't get me wrong, I have what I consider (along with many others) a good job but I don't like it. I am on the phone all day teaching old folks how to use Facebook (I repeat - via the PHONE) or I'm dealing with idiots who don't even know what they've purchased. I like what I do, as in social media, but I want to just DO it. I don't want to tell someone else how to do it. I just want to do it myself. It's strange really because that is how I've always been. I'm a horrible teacher... I was that tutor who would get frustrated trying to help you "figure it out". 

Let me just daydream here a bit... I wish I didn't have to work in an office. I wish I got more than 30 minutes a day outdoors. I wish I had more freedom. The company I work for has a strict productivity guideline and there is NO wiggle room. Honestly, we aren't even allowed adequate time for work tasks. But I digress... because this is not a post to vent about my job to be found sooner or later by a supervisor where soon after I would find myself involuntarily freed of said job.

I am aware that wishing doesn't get you anywhere. I'm not Aladdin and this isn't Agrabah. ACTIONS get stuff done. So I signed up to oDesk to start. Damn was that overwhelming. I took exams (discovered I'm pretty damn good at grammar *whoop!), completed my profile to 100%, and started searching for jobs. People want a lot of work for like $2. I'll return later when I have more patience. 


It's about time for the rose ceremony on The Bachelor so I've gotta skedaddle. Hope you're having a better day than me! 


Tomorrow will be better... Tomorrow will be better... Tomorrow will be...


*Don't make fun of my excitement about acing the grammar test! It's harder than you think... and don't judge me on this post. It's not proofread. 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

who are you rooting for?