Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Love Letter


To my husband,

You don't know how wonderful you are. You don't know how talented you are. You don't know how thankful I am for you. You don't know how much I adore you. You don't know how much I respect you. You are an amazing man. I know I am guilty of not reminding you of this enough. 

We've been through so much together. We've laughed, we've cried, we've ached, we've learned... you are my best friend. You know my faults, mistakes and deepest secrets, and you still love me anyway.  I am beyond thankful to God that he chose you for me. You are not like any other man I know. I am truly a lucky girl, and I believe that with my whole heart.

This time last year, we were still coming off the craziness of our wedding. It was 5 1/2 long years to the aisle; every second worth it. You know how horrible my memory is, but I remember our wedding day like it was yesterday. Thinking back on it, I see everything from that day in slow motion. I remember the way I felt. This amazing feeling of making such an important decision and having no doubts. You know how indecisive I am... and marrying you that day was the easiest decision I've ever made.

Here is my promise to you for the rest of our lives. I hope to be the best wife I can be for you. I will be there rejoicing with you in the good, and holding you up in the bad. I will be there eating Ramen noodles when money's tight, and I'll be always be your date to H3 Steakhouse when money's flowing. I'll cook you soup, make you drink lots of water, and make endless trips to the pharmacy when you are sick, and I'll be your partner in crime fun when you are well. When your world is turned upside down, I promise to always be the last one standing when the dust settles. I will always be your best friend, no matter who may come and go. I promise to never quit fighting for you... for us. 

So this Valentine's Day, I just wanted to tell you how much I love you. 
You mean more to me than you could ever know.

You'll always be my sweetheart, my "better" half, my husband, my best friend, and my coppertone


I love you.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

This is so sweet! I can tell that y'all are very much in love!

undomestic mama said...

What a sweet letter!

Motive to be Pretty said...

So sweet!! love it!Would u like follow each other? Let me know. Kisses

Kasey Lynne said...

So sweet. I loved this!