Monday, February 11, 2013

Parmesan Green Beans Recipe

My father in law taught me how to make Parmesan Green Beans and they are so good!

 

one //   Lightly coat your pan with olive oil. (Not too much!)

two //   Once the olive oil is hot, start sprinkling parmesan cheese (from the bottle). Stir it as it turns golden brown and starts to look like "crumbles".

three //   Add fresh green beans to the skillet 
(amateur lesson learned: be sure to drain any water before adding green beans, unless you want to catch your kitchen on fire, give your husband a heart attack, or both.)

four //   Add a little olive oil, more parmesan, and salt to taste

five //   Put the heat on low, cover, and stir occasionally while you finish dinner

*I used the green beans you steam in the bag. They were perfect! It would probably be very good if you didn't cook them first too... either way should work fine!


Our first healthy meal of the week. My husband and I have decided to make a lifestyle change and start taking better care of ourselves. We made extra dinner tonight so we have enough for lunch the next few days. 
 

Let's connect!
Twitter:  @lindsaycene
Pinterest:  lindsaycene
Instagram:  lindsaycene

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Those look delicious! I think it's great you and your husband are looking to make a healthy change!!

Melissa
miss-melissa.com

love jenny xoxo said...

yum, these look amazing! I'm normally not a big green bean fan, but these look delicious :)

{love jenny xoxo}

Les said...

Okay, so these look absolutely scrumptious. I definitely need to try this recipe.

I'd love for you to stop by my blog and enter my Piko Top and Jewelry giveaway!

Have a great day!
Les
leslyni.blogspot.com

Lou Grech said...

YUM! As a dietitian I'm always looking for ways people can make vegetables more exciting, this looks like a winner! I've been spooning a little chilli bean sauce from the asian grocer on my beans and asparagus lately, this is now next on the list!
Cheers - Lou @ The Honesty Path

Kasey Lynne said...

I've been wanting to make these for the past few weeks, but completely forgot. This post just reminded me! They just look so delicious!