Monday, February 25, 2013

How to Keep The Bedroom Romantic!

I read something on Pinterest about tips for a more romantic bedroom and decided to do a little rearranging myself. I must say... it makes a difference!



How I've made our room more romantic:

- I always make the bed in the morning. The room just feels chaotic when it's unmade.

- I took all the "family" stuff out of the bedroom and only have pictures and memorabilia of "us". (Don't worry, I just moved the family pictures and such to the living room)

- I don't let clutter build up in our room anymore. (It stays in the kitchen lol)

- Speaking of clutter, I keep the room "picked up". How romantic is a mess?

- We use lamps in our room instead of the overhead fan light. (Mood lighting anyone?)

A rule we're working on... no cell phones in the bedroom.
(But that's hard when it's your alarm too)


Do you have any tips or suggestions to add to this list?

6 comments:

Diana, Down Home Traveler said...

Helpful ideas! I love just keeping it simple in my room plus it takes all the everyday stresses away!

Sarah M said...

Those are some great ideas and something I never thought about. Thanks!

his little lady said...

Definitely want to start implementing no cell phones in the bedroom. Looks like we need to get ourselves an alarm clock ;)
xo TJ

Ami Church said...

Hi, I'm a new follower. Great tips! I am always trying to keep the bedroom as "romantic" as possible. I made a mirror collage out of many small mirrors above our headboard; I personally think mirrors in the bedroom are sexy and smaller ones give more forgiving snippets than one large reflecting-every-imperfection mirror ;)

xo Ami
a champagne dream

Kristin said...

I need to be better about making the bed!!

Kasey Lynne said...

Oh, these are some good suggestions!! My master bedroom needs a huge romantic makeover.