Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My simply perfect Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a Valentine's Day full of love! Whether it was spent with a significant other, family, friends, or maybe even just the one who loves you unconditionally... your dog. :)

I've been with my husband for over 5 years (only married for a month though) and this was the simplest, yet most perfect Valentine's Day. There were no grandiose gifts or meticulously planned surprises, just a simple day to share our left and it was not much different than any other day. We didn't even buy Valentine's Day cards! lol

My husband surprised me at work by having roses delivered to me.


So on my lunch break, I decided to go find him a small, meaningful gift.

I bought this beautiful figurine of a man and woman holding each other and at the bottom is etched "To have and to hold." It was just perfect for our first Valentine's Day as a married couple.



On the way home from work he called and asked, "Do you want me to cook for your what I planned for Valentine's Day... orrrrrrrrrrrrr we can just order pizza. It's up to you!" 

I chose:
We're just perfect for each other :)

I ended the night by making one of my favorite desserts - perfect for Valentine's Day.


We had the most perfect night just staying in... 

Ahh, the simple things :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love pizza nights at home! and especially if its papa johns!!