Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Makeup Storage Dilemma

Currently, about a quarter of my makeup collection sits disorganized in a medium sized gift bag left over from our wedding. Hey, it's pretty!! But it's driving me crazy having to dig for the make up I need daily! I am not a morning person so I've been trying to think of a clever way to store on top of the bathroom sink all the items I can use for a "go to" look for any given day. That's one foundation, one blush, one eyeliner, one mascara... well, you get the point. I am such a wreck in the mornings and to simplify my routine I want to come up with a creative way to store just the essentials so they are easily attainable when I'm half asleep! 

My husband is not a fan of clutter... well, neither am I really. I'm thinking about maybe 3 medium glass bowls or cups and labeling them "Eyes/Lips/Face" and separating the basic products like that. But I until I decide on the method I'll go with - here are some ideas I found online :)

 An essential "make up tray" via Style Scoop. I really like this actually!

Maybe something like this... but simplified!

 This is a great idea via Kandee Johnson! (FYI - If you're not following her blog or on YouTube... you're missing out!)
It's a magnetic board she created and she glued little magnets to each of her favorite daily products.

 via
Just a simple mesh basket you can find in the "office" section of your local Walmart or Target. Not my favorite idea but worth a look.

 via
 This is a really cute idea. I'm not in a sorority or anything but a cursive L would be so pretty! This is definitely girly and would at least look nice on display.

All the basics...

I'm really leaning on the Eyes/Lips/Face glass bowls and keeping it separated and down to the basics. I think that'll be easiest in the mornings! If you have any great ideas comment below to share with everyone else! Let me know your preferred storage... whether it's your current method or what you hope to accomplish! I'll let you know as soon as I get my organized just how I want :)

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

This is a great idea. All my makeup is jammed together in a little bag, but it would totally encourage me to do it at home (instead of in the car, yikes) if I had it organized like this at home. I love your glass bowl idea!

Beautygirl24 said...

All of the ideas look cute, yet still organized which is perfect! I think a pretty tray or box with differing compartments would be nice on top of a counter or vanity. I use a mirrored tray to stand my lotions and perfumes on. Then I store my makeup in a clear container with drawers. Not the nicest look I guess, but it works for now ;)

Megan said...

I dont have very much makeup but I have three different containers like you suggested, it works really well.

Stefanie Grace said...

Love these ideas, especially the magnet ones. You know those plastic drawers that all of the Kardashians have? They are seriously useful but WHO has that much makeup?! haha Mine fits in a small box... though I'm working on my collection at the moment!