Sunday, February 26, 2012

Beautiful New Mexico

My family and I went on a short ski trip to Red River, New Mexico last weekend. I love the different landscapes in each state here in the United States but I must say that New Mexico is one of my favorites. Sure, a lot of it is flat but the mountains are absolutely breathtaking. I'm from Dallas and if you are not familiar... it's pretty flat here. lol Dallas is beautiful in it's own way, of course, but I can't help but stare in awe at the majestic mountains of northern New Mexico.


This is my hubby and I at the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge. It is 650 ft above the Rio Grande and the 5th highest bridge in the United States! 

These signs are originals from Route 66. It was so neat driving by them!

I took these pictures on our way home. Both of these were taken in Red River, NM. I was a nervous wreck because a bad snowstorm hit the night before we left and as you can see, the roads were still wet. Yes, that is a curve on a cliff in the first picture... lol I almost needed a Xanax to make it out of town. I don't do well with cliffs and cars. I hate the sense of the lack of control!!


We had a great trip and I am grateful to return home all in one piece!
...........................................................................................

On another note - we came home to find that we received our wedding pictures in the mail!! I'll post some of my favorites on here this week :)

3 comments:

psychelyn said...

You seem to have a wonderful trip. That's a beautiful place indeed. I like the views taken from the road-lovely!

Kasey Lynne said...

WOW!
So beautiful!!

LOVE those Route 66 signs.

Stefanie Grace said...

Stunning pictures! x