Monday, February 8, 2010

Seriously QuickTrim? I'm not buying it...

I was browsing through a magazine when I came across this advertisement for a diet pill called QuickTrim - endorsed by Kim and Khloe Kardashian - and I was appalled.

I'm sorry, but that is not Khloe Kardashian's body.



Khloe lost some weight and she's looking fantastic! Why not show her true results?

Why not celebrate what true, realistic beauty looks like?


{via google}


{via Glamour}
Seriously... you should check out Glamour's article I've linked above.

Am I excusing unhealthy behaviors, or saying it's okay to lead a sedentary lifestyle because "perfection" can't be acheived and you should just be happy the way you are?

No.

Rather than eat right and exercise to look good, do it to be healthy.

Do it for your heart.
Do it to prevent diabetes.
Do it to prevent obesity.
Do it to enjoy a longer life with the ones you love.

Do it for yourself.

4 comments:

Lace said...

Preach it, sister

I think your doppelganger might be Lacey Chabert from mean girls(well, when you're brunette at least!) Is that a weird one?!

Tamela said...

Have you seen the quick trim commercial..it seriously looks like one of those commercials to for call girls!

Tracy-Girl said...

You've nailed it. I totally agree with you - it's all about feeling good and confident with who you are and being in a place where you are comfortable! :)

accidentally, kle said...

i love that you wrote this post. it's perfect, thank you x