Monday, May 24, 2010

Yard Sale Success!

The Fiance and I decided at the last minute Saturday morning to go check out a few yard sales... I am really surprised that this was the first time I've ever gone "yard sale shopping"! I am so excited because we only hit up one yard and got some great stuff :) We definitely plan on getting up early this Friday & Saturday to see if we can score some great vintage finds.

Here's what we found this past Saturday:

Vintage mirror - $5

This was their grandmother's mirror that hung in her house for years. She recently moved into a senior community apartment complex and didn't want to take it. It was love at first sight for me AND it was only $5! [I seriously couldn't believe they gave it to me for only $5.]

Kitchen Table w/ 4 Chairs (2 not shown) - $25

It's a small round table that expands with a leaf. This also was their grandmother's... lol

We are going to reupholster the chairs -

I want something like this (but maybe a different color):


fabric sample

Vintage-y picture frames - $1 each

Total for mirror, table, 4 chairs, 2 frames - $32.

I think I've found my new favorite pass-time. :)

6 comments:

accidentally, kle said...

OMG that is fantastic! And I soooo love that mirror! Such lucky finds!

Claire Kiefer said...

I know--I saw one going on Sunday and I totally regret that I didn't stop (I was late getting somewhere) . . . you can find such great deals and unique things . . . I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open now that the weather's nice and people are having yard sales again. I really love that mirror!

JKreids said...

I am a serial garage saler! I LOVE the thrill of the unknown at garage sales. Oh the posibilities of old frames and fixer uppers. Besides, usually no one else has what you find so that makes it even cooler. :)

Sarah Ann said...

cute mirror and cute cute blog :) i'm now following

Kristin said...

Those are some killer scores lady! Love your damask fabric choice!

Holly said...

It's FUN, isn't it?!!