Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Engagement Ring Alternatives

Engagements and wedding planning is such an exciting time. But ask any woman, and what's the important issue that's to be taken care of first? THE RING.

I believe that uniqueness should be embraced and I carry that over into the engagement ring as well. If all your life you've dreamt of a huge sparkling diamond then go for it! That's what you want. But there are gorgeous alternatives out there that will catch eyes and leave his wallet a bit thicker ;)

I love this shade of purple - such a beautiful color!


Amethyst Diamond Ring (14k white gold) - $353.99


If pink is your thing...


Pink Sapphire and Diamond Ring (14k white gold) - $169.99


Pink Topaz and Diamond Ring (14k white gold) - $268.99

This one is a bit more expensive than the others but it is g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s. !! I love love LOVE this :)


Green Amethyst and Diamond Ring (18k white gold) - $1,274.99
(normally it's $2,436.65)


Blue Topaz and Diamond Ring (14k white gold) - $203.99


Green Amethyst and Diamond Ring (14k white gold) - $193.99


All rings are from Overstock.com

6 comments:

LifestyleBohemia said...

I love the idea of a colored ring. The pale green one is beautiful!

Tamela said...

These are beautiful!

TaylorCristen said...

oh i love the color of green amethyst!

Claire Kiefer said...

I love the one at the bottom. I also love the idea of not spending a freakin' down payment on a ring, as well as not getting a blood diamond that symbolizes all kinds of pain & suffering. :) Nice post!!!!!

Monique said...

My ring is a blue topaz with diamonds (really close to the one you posted, actually!) only it has diamonds all around the band. It's gorgeous and unique, I love it! And, it cost us less than $500 :)

Katie said...

Hey there Lindsay I'm now following your blog :)
I love these rings! I'm just a bling bling girl!! i need to buy some of these beautiful babies