Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Small change - BIG difference... Reupholstered chairs.

Yesterday we went to Joann's to check out some fabric. Well, we (or I) ended up falling in LOVE with a black and ivory damask fabric so we purchased it and got right to work!

It's actually quite easy to reupholster chairs. It was our first time and we didn't even try to research how to do it. lol (You basically just unscrew the seat, recover, and staple. lol)

You need: fabric of choice and a staple gun

(fyi - don't buy your staple gun at a craft store! Joann's had a plastic one for $12 and a metal one for $20. We went to walmart and got the metal one (shown below) for only $9!)

Before

After

Before

After

We are so in love with our "new" table! This was a very fun project and made such a HUGE difference in our living space... high class for cheap!

17 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

They look amazing! Good work!

Amy Lynn said...

Love the fabric! It looks great!

Jeanette said...

Awesome! I love damask - have it in a lot of places in my home right now and people are always requesting it for their custom memo boards!
Looks fantastic!

bananas. said...

oh whoa! wayyyy better!!!

you did a FAB job lady! keep doing more...i love seeing what other people do with their thrifty finds.

Children of the 90s said...

They look amazing, what a great idea! It never really occurred to me it was that simple. It definitely makes a big difference!

Monique said...

Looks great! I love that fabric.

♥Aubrey said...

WoW...YOU DID A WONDERFUL JOB!!!
That table looks 100% better.

MrsDixon said...

So great! I love

Claire Kiefer said...

Everyone says reupholstering chairs isn't that hard, but I'm not sure if I believe it. :) Your "new" table and chairs look amazing, and even if it was easy, I'm really impressed with your project!

monogramgirl said...

What a difference! Great fabric. Nice job.

Katie said...

Lindsay if you buy the books you wont regret it!! Let me know what you think! && I'll leave a review on the one I'm starting now when finished

Breanne at Bella Vita said...

How amazing!! That's a huge difference. Beautiful jon.

Love your blog! Glad to have found it :-)

Kristin said...

What an amazing difference. You did a fabulous job!

~ Kelly Ann ♥ said...

A++- What an amazing difference. Love it

Kelly

Faith said...

wow, great job! i love it!

accidentally, kle said...

oh wow they look SO great!!!!

Mrs. Blimes said...

Perfect! I love the b&w!