Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our wedding venue!!!

So the first venue I posted here before turned out to be already booked for June 5th. So we've been frantically searching for a new venue and having NO luck since June is THE WEDDING MONTH until now :)

This is just another proof that everything happens for a reason.



The front


The side


The side door


View from an angle


First United Methodist Church


I love these 3 crosses


View of the 3 crosses


Official State of Texas Historic Landmark



I got all of these photos and then my camera died before we could go inside... I apologize for the poor quality but I had to use my phone for the following photos:


The back... You can't tell but every window is made of stained glass


A close up of the front... the door is on the right


The sanctuary (all natural lighting). There's a huge organ on the left.


The ceiling is very high... the chandalier shown is over 100 years old.
It's also hard to see but there are gold embellishments in the ceiling.

The church was built in 1909. Every window is made of stained glass. One of the windows has a signature that reads "In memory of my mother... 1812" I LOVE the history behind the church and I'm beyond excited to get married here! When I stood in the church I went speechless. It's absolutely breathtaking. I will try my best to get some better pictures inside next time I get to visit!
...........................................................................

"This brick structure, still in use, possesses several unusual features. It is modified Gothic architecture with large columns at the entrance and large, beautifully designed and colored antique stained glass windows. The vaulted ceiling in the sanctuary is metal decorated with embossed patterns. A unique, century-old brass chandelier that originally hung in the Kaufman County Courthouse lights the interior."

18 comments:

yours truly... said...

It's going to be absolutely beautiful!!!

brooke said...

WOW....that is absolutely stunning...a storybook church! what beautiful memories AND photos you'll have!! so so gorgeous!

josie(bean) said...

beautiful!! i love weddings, and hope yours turns out perfectt :D

Alison said...

GORGEOUS!

courtney said...

oh my gosh it's ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!! you'll have such an amazing wedding :)

d.a.r. said...

Oh my goodness, it is so incredibly beautiful!!! It looks like something out of a fairy tale :) Your pictures are going to be amaaaazing!

stilettolover91 said...

beautiful!!!! ur going to have an amazing wedding!! best of luck to both of you!!

http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

Brunch at Saks said...

How gorgeous my love! Just beautiful :)

Ali said...

Oh, it is absolutely magnificent!!!

Kristin said...

GORGEOUS!!

5 in. Heels said...

Congrats it looks amazing! :-)

The Cape House said...

That's just beautiful. I love the photo of the front!

...love Maegan said...

wow ...it's really pretty. yay :)

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness it's beautiful!!!

I changed the name of my blog and accidently deleted my followers grrr! Can you come back over and follow me again? Thanks darlin!!

Michelle "Lady Bug" said...

Things do happen for reason! Remember the job I wanted that I didn't get...I was bummed and then I got found another job that I love. Pictures look great. It will be a loverly day for sure.
:D

Jessica Marie said...

it looks so pretty! your wedding is going to be beautiful :D

simplebeauty said...

This is a darling church!

Rachel said...

Beautiful venue!!! How exciting?!