Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I got a surprise at my door today

So, earlier today Dierks was sleeping on the couch when (and I don't know how he knew this because I heard nothing) a UPS truck stopped by. After shoving Dierks into the laundry room before he could eat the UPS guy, I got handed this lovely package.

It was a surprise graduation gift my one of my besties: Kelly :)


Kelly & I at our high school graduation in 2005

She's one of my closest friends I met my senior year in high school. It was her first year at the school I grew up in and we just clicked. Although we've only seen each other once in the past 3 or 4 years, we still keep in touch on a daily basis through the wonderful technology that is email. :) Unfortunately, we live 4 hours apart so we never get to hang out but that will change!! lol (I'm working on it) lol

She included some summer essentials along with "Smarties" candy because she said I'm a smarty since I graduated college. (And she's right) lol

Anyway, it was real sweet of her to put together this graduation gift for me :) Thanks Kelly and I miss you!!! One (or both) of us will DEFINITELY have to make a trip soon!
With how much this small gesture made my day, it really makes me want to do something similar (maybe a bit smaller) randomly for one of my loved ones. I think it's something we should all try in the next month or so.
Whether it's a gift or just a card, trust me... it'll make a difference in someone's day. :)

9 comments:

OceanDreams said...

Aww, congrats on graduating and what a fun gift! I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I'm one of the new SITS gals and am enjoying getting to know everyone! Have a wonderful day!

OceanDreams said...

Oh, and I have an Etsy too. Too much fun creating, huh?!

Lily G. said...

How sweet! Congrats!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

monogramgirl said...

Stopped by your Etsy...very pretty things.

K @ Blog Goggles said...

Aww, that's so sweet.

Elizabeth said...

What a great friend! Congrats on graduation. :)

Adorably Distracted... said...

aww that's so cute! What a great friend!

Christie Cottage said...

Congratulations on your graduation!

And... Your upcoming wedding!!! How exciting :-)

Michelle "Lady Bug" said...

What a great friend. That is great that you guys kept in touch even when you don't see each other. Thank goodness for email huh? Although I love snail mail too.