Thursday, March 14, 2013

Makeup Must-Haves TO GO

I found myself in a little situation the other day. You see, I don't carry make up in my purse. It's just too bulky and I don't want to keep going from my bathroom to the purse back to the bathroom. You follow? SOMETIMES, I'll have mascara in my purse but not usually.

Well, the other day I had a situation arise where I needed a "touch up" but I was out of luck as I had NOTHING of use in my purse. So I came home, and decided to gather makeup basic must-haves to save my ass the next time that happens. 
(read below - this is not so much about the actual products featured)


one //  EYELINER
Ok, this one is not necessarily a "must have" but it's small and if you have an extra, why not?

two //  NEUTRAL EYESHADOW
Something neutral for your eyelids. It's natural looking and you can use the applicator or your finger.

three //  CREAM BLUSH
Easy to blend without a brush! Plus, you can use it on your lips if you need to. Unless you're like me and already carry 10 lip glosses lol

four //  MASCARA
I don't think I need to explain this. lol I mean, this is my minimum always.

five //  POWDER
Sometimes you need something light to even out your skin tone and kill that shine beaming from your forehead. 

*Extra tip:  If you are desperate, a toilet seat liner (in public restroom) doubles as a oil blotting sheet. Yes, just like the ones you buy in those little pre-cut squares. I've tried it. It works.


Do you have any tips to add??

3 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

I also carry a few makeup basics in my purse! They include:

A black pencil eyeliner, Revlon Photoready liquid powder (it's really foundation), Cover Girl original blush in soft mink, and various lipsticks/glosses.

At home, my essentials include: Revlon Photoready Airbrush foundation, Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette (and a million other eye shadows), Nyx undereye concealer, and Maybelline Colossal mascara.

Lately I'm loving Milani's baked blush in Luminoso and NYC's lip gloss in Nude York City. It's cheap and SO GOOD!

Sara Elizabeth said...

These are the perfect basics!! Great post!

Morgan said...

I have this problem ALL the time, and you know what?? I STILL never do anything about it!
haha!
smart girl!