Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Curly Hair Routine, Habits, and Awesome Products


I have naturally curly hair and I've literally tried every product out there! I finally found what works for me :) 

First, here are a few "habits" I have regarding my curls:

- I only wash my hair about twice a week 
(as in, literally wash with shampoo... I usually just condition if it's dry and tangled)

- I only brush it when it's wet

- I don't touch my hair too much before it's dry

- Less is more! Don't apply too much product or you end up with oily, crunchy hair. 

My "Routine":

1. I brush my hair right out of the shower
2. I add mousse first, then hairspray

Tried n' true products:


1. White Rain Extra Hold Hairspray
2. Suave Captivating Curls
3. Garnier Fructis Anti-Frizz Serum

Suave Captivating Curls is the shizzzzzz. If you use it, you don't need serum. It has some sort of built in serum that balances perfectly with the mousse. I always top off with the White Rain Hairspray. It seems to work well with the mousse. I only use the anti-frizz serum by itself and topped off with a little hairspray. 

Honestly, I think all a lot of serums are the same. Just make sure you don't use to much!

My "daily routine" is just the mousse and hairspray. 

Comment if you have any questions! I'd be happy to answer :)

Disclaimer:  I am aware that some of these things are not "technically" right or what's taught in cosmetology school. I'm just sharing what works for me!

3 comments:

Nini Kat said...

I will have to try this! I usually use the herbal essence tousle me Mousse. I recently purchased their curling creme but I don't feel that it defined the curls at all. It did smooth them out and eliminated frizz though.

Once I perfect my method, I plan to make a post about it. Thanks for your information :)

ninikat.blogspot.com

terrileanne x said...

Your hairs lush xx

ide love if you checked my blog! xx 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

Sarah M said...

You have pretty curls! I have naturally curly hair, it's shorter and VERY curly. Like tight, frizzy curls. I flat iron it. Never wear it curly but I would love to, if I ever find the patience to grow it out!