I have naturally curly hair and I've literally tried every product out there! I finally found what works for me :)
First, here are a few "habits" I have regarding my curls:
- I only wash my hair about twice a week
(as in, literally wash with shampoo... I usually just condition if it's dry and tangled)
- I only brush it when it's wet
- I don't touch my hair too much before it's dry
- Less is more! Don't apply too much product or you end up with oily, crunchy hair.
1. I brush my hair right out of the shower
2. I add mousse first, then hairspray
Tried n' true products:
1. White Rain Extra Hold Hairspray
2. Suave Captivating Curls
3. Garnier Fructis Anti-Frizz Serum
Suave Captivating Curls is the shizzzzzz. If you use it, you don't need serum. It has some sort of built in serum that balances perfectly with the mousse. I always top off with the White Rain Hairspray. It seems to work well with the mousse. I only use the anti-frizz serum by itself and topped off with a little hairspray.
Honestly, I think
all a lot of serums are the same. Just make sure you don't use to much!
My "daily routine" is just the mousse and hairspray.
Comment if you have any questions! I'd be happy to answer :)
Disclaimer: I am aware that some of these things are not "technically" right or what's taught in cosmetology school. I'm just sharing what works for me!