Monday, March 29, 2010

What if there is no tomorrow?


via
If there is one thing that has been apparent to me in the past week - it is that life is short and you are not guaranteed tomorrow. There have been 3 very different, very significant deaths the past week -

1. My great aunt C - 2 days before her 70th birthday, she passed away with no warning.

2. My dad's cousin Michael - At only 49 years old, he had a heart attack out of nowhere and he leaves behind a wife and 2 kids (one of which is only 2 1/2).

3. A girl who went to my high school - Her last facebook status was about getting drunk, having a night to remember (that she won't remember), and partying. She died of alcohol poisening that night at the young age of 19.
..................................................

This has really brought it to my attention of how much I have been taking for granted. There are so many things I put off until tomorrow.

My mother wanting to have lunch sometime...
Oh we'll do it next week.

My brothers and sisters wanting to come spend the night...
Maybe next weekend.

My little sister calling me...
I'll call her back later.

Going to visit my grandmother in her new apartment...
I've got too much to do with school and work right now.

Surprising my fiance with a random act of kindness...
I'll do something tomorrow.

What if there is no tomorrow?

4 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

Life is short and we never know...these kind of thoughts cross my mind all day every day.

I love this post.

I just got your email, I'm writing you back...I had to come check it out :)

Kendra said...

I love this post. It is so true. A few friends form high school passed away randomly from freak attacks. So young. No warning. It really is freaky. We always think this won't happen to us, but maybe it will.

Ali said...

Life is short, it is so true.

I am so sorry for your losses.

Carpe diem.

anna said...

thanks for posting this... it's a great reminder to us all.