Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I have a new favorite :)

Didi Benami


(via)

Tonight I actually grabbed my phone and voted for her on American Idol. My FAVORITE performance yet is her rendition of Kara DioGuardi's "Terrified" (which is on Katharine Mcphee's album Unbroken)

I am addicted to this song... and sadly, Didi's version is my absolute favorite (and she only sings half of it on American Idol) Check it out:




(You know Kara - the judge on American Idol - wrote the song right? Along with SO many other hits. Check out Kara singing this song HERSELF. You'd never know it but Kara has a pretty damn good voice too... so as it turns out, she does know what she's talking about on American Idol. lol)

This is totally irrelevant but have you ever noticed how much Lea Michele (from Glee) and Kara DioGuardi resemble one another??


Kara DioGuardi (via)


Lea Michele (via)

Or maybe it's just me? What do you think?

9 comments:

bananas. said...

i've liked her the whole time!

i love her look and voice. i'm so glad the judges finally liked her too. she's so darn cute!!!

stilettolover91 said...

I really liked Didi when she sang Katharine's song but now don't really like her much. Kara & Lea do kinda look alike but Lea is way more prettier IMO.

http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

Christyrenee said...

DiDi has been one of my fav's since her audition. I adore her voice. Whenever she sings I just want to curl up on my couch with a warm, snuggly blanket and... well... snuggle, lol. But I mean that in a good way. Like a comforting, lulling, unique and sweet kind of voice. I really hope she makes it far. I voted for her several times ;)

Jonesy said...

I like her too! She has a great voice.

I like your blog!I'm a new follower Please check out my blog as well when you get a chance.

www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Marie said...

I really like her!

Cheeeck my blog lover!

OceanDreams said...

They totally look alike and I loved that song too, she did such a great job! :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I really like Didi too!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire Kiefer said...

1. SO FUNNY . . . I was looking at someone else's blog today, and she posted a pic of Lea Michele (who I'd never heard of/seen), and I commented: "That girl looks so much like Kara DioGuardi! Hilarious. So no, it's not just you! :)

2. I think DiDi has a great voice . . . but her audition tapes, especially at the beginning, are a little weird, huh? She cries a lot and she seems kind of insecure and she's pretty obsessed with her bff who died. But you're right, she did a great job with Terrified.

3. I love Andrew Garcia--what a sweetie! :)

accidentally, kle said...

wow no it's not just you, i definitely see the resemblance!!!