Sunday, August 16, 2009

When you wish upon a star... you get jury duty.


Click the image to make it larger

Well, I got a summons for jury duty. And at the most inconvenient time. I'm right in the middle of moving around, about to start school, finishing up my last week of temp work for some cash... this sucks. But oh well, that's life!!
.................................................................

Friday night I saw the brightest shooting star! It was so amazing.
Of course I made a wish ;)
.................................................................

Yesterday, my mom went to get her hair done so I tagged along since I was in town and didn't want to sit at home. She goes to my aunt who's the greatest colorist I know and she was nice enough to touch up my roots while my mom was under the dryer for just $20. :) Yay for no tacky roots! lol
................................................................

I went with my friend Leslie to see the Time Traveler's Wife last night... It was very good! I can't help but love anything that Rachel McAdams is in.

.....................................................................

Well, I guess that's all for now. :)
I'll be more interesting later.

15 comments:

Taryn said...

I got summoned for jury duty once, but never got called it. I was kind of hoping I would be since it was my first summons. LOL! Sorry yours came at a bad time. Maybe you won't get called in. :)

Lily G. said...

Good luck with jury duty. Glad to hear the movie was good! I want to see it.

sarah said...

Jury duty stinks!

Hollyrocks said...

Ugh I hope I never get jury duty. I've known quite a few people who have been summoned to do it, and while most of them say it wasn't that bad, none of them seemed to just love it either. You seem like a chick who has her stuff together though, I'm sure you'll find a way to fit it into your hectic life.

I always wish on shooting stars too. :-)

Kristin said...

Have a bambino and then stay home with him. Ah ha. That was my hardship, so no jury duty for me tomorrow. I actually wouldn't have minded going but I don't think they would appreciate a 13 month old tearing up the joint. Good luck!

k. said...

I have yet to be called to jury duty (knock on wood..) - sorry it's at a bad time. but from what i hear it's like they KNOW that and plan to call at the worst possible time!!

& I'm jealous - I haven't seen a shooting star in months!!

Rachel McAdams is THE ultimate role model. And I'm not sure what it is about her, but all of her movies turn out amazing!

xox, K

Hello Lindello said...

bummer about duty!i got called in the this last june and had to be in on trial. some people just sit in a room all day and never got called. good luck!

Brown Girl said...

I hate Jury Duty. I always try to be obnoxious so I will get dismissed, which is not hard for me, ha! Yay for no roots! ;)

brooke said...

OOHHH....nah on the jury duty!!! but yey for hearing the time traveler's wife is good! i am reading the book now and cannot wait to see it when i am done!!

Tamela said...

ugh Jury duty :( Luckily I haven't been summoned to do that yet.

I want to see that movie. It looks amazing.

QuiteNice said...

I used to know someone that was 'chosen' for jury duty. It was an assault case. The family of the defendant was there everyday. The jury was protected at all times. The juror said it was really spooky being there in court.

But then you may never be 'chosen' to be on the actual jury.

I need to see that movie.

Gabby said...

Good luck with jury duty! Hope you don't actually get picked for the jury!

Stephanie of Pretty {much} Art said...

I got out of jury duty once because I had just moved (actually I was just away at school) and was technically in a different county. I supposed that wouldn't work for you, huh?

Farrah @ Stylecrumbs said...

Yayyy I've been wanting to see the time traveler's wife... this weekend maybe! :)

XO
http://stylecrumbs.blogspot.com

Andee Layne said...

Great blog! Please check out my fashion and lifestyle blog at www.andeelayne.blogspot.com follow mine as i will yours! xo