Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Just to catch you up...

Well, I finally heard back about the interview on Monday. Since I am a procrastinator, you are hearing about it now. lol Unfortunately, I didn't get the job [primarily due to a lack in experience compared to another interviewer]. Oh well, I think I only REALLY wanted it because 1. It's a job and I need one QUICK and 2. It's pays really good. But truthfully, I was scared to death of this position! It was to be a case manager for adults who suffer bipolar disorder, major depression, and schizophrenia. I would work daily, one-on-one with these people, and sometimes in their own homes. Yike, that's a little scary.

Soooooo, because I didn't get the job, I am now applying to be a substitute teacher. [Which is still scary. However, it's LESS scary & in a different way]. Maybe karma will be good to me since I was never one to abuse the substitutes back in school. CCISD pays $95/day so I think it'll be worth it. :) If I get my temporary teaching certificate, I can make $120/day [comes out as $15/hr!] I need to figure out how to do that in Texas...


Since I haven't been working, I've been enjoying the pool and getting some sun :) [might as well, right??] I'm starting to develop a nice golden glow! Speaking of the pool, I got an email from Victoria's Secret today with a $20 gift certificate [on at least $20 worth of items] so I got a new top for only $2! I went with this one:


Hopefully it looks half as good on me as it does her! lol I liked the deep purple and the fiance' approved so that's the one that's coming to me! The straps are removable so you know what that means! No tan lines! Yay :)


Also, if you are a magazine reader like myself... I think you'll enjoy Instyle's Makeover issue. I hate buying magazines just to find they are boring and useless but this one was not.


Vanessa Hudgens is on the cover... She's got some great photos inside as well!

Jbreezybaby is having an awesome makeup giveaway including Stila, Body Shop, & Victoria Secret!


If you would like to enter click [HERE].


I managed to take these pretty pictures... Well, at least I think they are pretty. lol

Which one do you like better? The darker one [left] or the lighter one [right]?


Well, starting Monday I will be working a "temp job" with my in-laws! My fiance' and his father have their own graphic design business and his parents are being generous enough to let me come be office help/receptionist for 2 weeks :) Then I am really hoping when I get back here I can start substituting! Please pray that SOMETHING happens for me... I've been trying to get a job since MAY! It's ridiculous. I hope something works out quick.

17 comments:

Tracy-Girl said...

I am a substitute teacher on the side of my other job (its part time) and I love it. You usually have a different class every day... and High School is especially easy! :) You are right about that job, it seems like it just wasn't meant to be!!

Lindsay said...

Sorry to hear about the interview, but maybe it is a blessing in disguise! Teaching is so much fun, although I might be a little biased so I hope you get to be a sub!

Ps I like the lighter pic!

Sam said...

I'm sorry about the interview! But maybe it was meant to happen since you sounded kind of reluctant in the first place. You'll probably find something better soon! =)

Ooh, teaching - I want to be a teacher. Is that what you plan to become? Or do you have something else lined up? Haha, sorry, I'm new =p

bananas. said...

aw man sorry to hear about the job. it's okay. it wasn't meant to be. at least you now have experience interviewing. the more you go on the easier they become because they all ask the same questions. i will send good thoughts your way. i'm digging your photo. i like the right better.

New England Girl said...

I am in the same boat, I too have been job hunting since May! There have been some promising leads, but nothing really turned up.

I hope you find something sooner than later. Substitute teaching might not be so bad! I hope it all works out for you. :)

pineapple said...

Ah, sorry to hear about the job - but that really did sound scary! the substitute teacher one sounds fun though - good luck. Any clue what grades you'll be substituting?

I JUST bought that Instyle ;) I love it as well (And I don't care what any media source says, Vanessa is gorgeous!)

And I think the picture on the right is best. It shows a little more of the vase, and the flowers pop a bit more. They're both amazing though!

Good luck, again! (: Thanks for the update!

Hollyrocks said...

Yeah it sounds like it wasn't a job you'd enjoy much anyway, so I'm sure it will work out fine even though you didn't get it. You'll find something even better for you!

As far as substituting, I think that's a great idea. Especially for that money. I subbed one day here in Oklahoma and only got paid $58. It was really stressful, but also fun. My best advice if you're going to do it is to plan some fun things to do ahead of time in case you run out of things to do. You seem like the type of person who does really well with kids. :-)

Elizabeth Marie said...

Good luck! I hope the substitute teaching works out! I have a lot of friends who do it who love it.
Thats awesome about your fiance's family!

Lily G. said...

At least you can be a sub! Everything happens for a reason. And I love that top!

inkOBSESSIONdesigns said...

I'm sorry to hear about the job, but that just means there is something bigger and better out there for you! :)

JINX said...

i love your style and you are so beautiful...

FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM

Kristin said...

My prayers are with you that you'll find something soon! And I'm partial to the pic on the left.

Tamela said...

Good luck with your new interview! Bathing suit top is super adorable. I like the lighter flower picture the best. I kinda has alluring aura around it. Great photography skills!!

brooke said...

oh goodness...sorry hun about the job, but i am with some of the other gals...it just means that there is another that is meant for you!! i have a family FULL of teachers and they all absolutely love it, so hopefully that gives even more encouragement to give substituting a go! and i definitely am LOVING the purple top...that is by far my favorite color!!

sarah said...

I prefer the darker picture...

Good luck with substitute teaching!

stilettolover91 said...

I'm sorry u didn't get the job!! I hope that you get the substitute teacher one!! I love that top u bought & Vanessa looks amazing on that cover I'll have to check out that issue!!

http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

Brett Alexandra said...

I AM ALSO applying to be a substitute!! funny.