Monday, July 20, 2009

I am ready to move...


Right now, I reside here:


Corpus Christi, Tx

Looks great, right? No! I hate it and I SO want to be anywhere else at the moment... Ok, so maybe not "anywhere" but you get the point. Don't get me wrong... It's a great place to come visit. But living here is driving me crazy. It's been 3 years now so I think I've got a pretty good feel for this place.

1. WAY too many illegal aliens.
2. It's at least 2 hours from any other decent size town... so you're stuck here.
3. There's a stabbing pretty much every day... and no, I'm not joking.
4. It's too far away from home (for me). [It's 7 1/2 hours from Dallas]

I could go on... but I think you get the idea.

There are a few places that I would love to live for at most a year... (Who knows? I might LOVE it and want to stay! lol It would be hard to be that far away from my family though... I'm very close with my family)


Los Angeles, CA
This seems like a place where people go to chase their dreams... I'd like to hear the stories of where people came from and about their goals. It would be an interesting place I believe.


New York City, NY
Now this place, I could only stay for a bit I'm sure. Number 1, it'd probably be too cold for me. lol I hate the cold! I'm a Texas girl for goodness sakes! But I would love to stay for a bit... I'd love just to TRY to work for my favorite magazine or catch a broadway show.


San Francisco, CA
I've been here one time and I completely fell in love with it! It is such a beautiful place with lots of different kinds of people. I remember that everyone seemed so friendly... It's such a healthy place and very dog friendly! *sigh*


Realistically, this is where I'm headed...


Austin, Tx


I'd like to live by here :) Lake Travis


... and if we have a lot of money later, I'd love this backyard.

I can't wait!!!!!

11 comments:

Liparazzi said...

All those places look amazing, I've been to New York and it's unlike anywhere else. I don't know if I could ever chill our there though, it's crazy busy! I often wonder why I stay in Scotland...the weather isn't great and Aberdeen is only the third largest city in Scotland but my family and friends are here so I couldn't really be anywhere else! Good luck with finding somewere xx

thischicksgotstyle said...

Great post!!

x!

♥ H ♥ said...

Umm I want that backyard!! Austin isn't bad :) I've visted CC and yeah, I wouldn't wanna live there either LOL!!! Be safe!! I'd want to live in LA tooo! I looked at jobs there when I graduated last summer.

♥Aubrey said...

Texas is a great place to live and raise a family. Very realistic! You'll love it girlie. I had a friend move there, and she has nothing but good things to say. Enjoy!!!

Ali said...

Come to LA! We'll play. :)

Grace said...

Living in Los Angeles gets a bit exhausting. The people are generally a bit high on themselves. Although you can find the occasional genuine being.

San Francisco, polar opposite. As friendly as can be!

Love Grace.

Toothfairynotes said...

hahaha well, I would love to have a backyard like that either! :P


*loves*

Hello Lindello said...

Ive heard wonderful things about Austin. I would love to visit soon. I couldnt stand living in a place I hated. What a bummer!

bananas. said...

yay we're friendly in SF! my choice is new york city but your "realistic" options are pretty nice too.

Mrs. C said...

Funny enough I've never even been to corpus and I live in TX.

Austin is beautiful!

Kristin said...

I LOVE Austin! Going there for a bach party in November!