Thursday, July 23, 2009

Are you waiting to shine?

Chelsea Talks Smack wrote an amazing post that left me almost speechless. I am not going to go too deep into it because I feel that you should read it yourself to get the most out of it. But it's about waiting to shine. I am 22 years old and at this particular time in my life, everything I am doing is only preparing me for my time to shine. It's as if I don't feel "worthy" of shining just yet... like I need to get everything in order first. Like she says, why not shine now? Time seems to fly by faster every day and just like I think "well, tomorrow I'll..." it seems to never change. It's always tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. I want to shine now. I want to put my all into everyday. We seem to take advantage of the hope that tomorrow with come, because it usually does but what if it doesn't? Then you wasted all your time only waiting to shine... Do you want to look up halfway through your life and find yourself still waiting to shine? I know I don't. =)

Please, go read her blog :) Chelsea Talks Smack

**image by fred miranda**

9 comments:

bananas. said...

oh my gosh. that post was amazing. it should be published and given to young girls around the world.

shine on, girl, shine on.

Brett Alexandra said...

wow. I can't wait to read it!

stilettolover91 said...

The picture is really beautiful!!

http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

yours truly... said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE her blog, her posts are always so inspirational and thought provoking!! Thanks for putting this out there!!!

Ali said...

I know, I loved her post too! Really made me smile and think.

Brunch at Saks said...

Heading over there to read her post now! Love your words in this post! :) XOXO

Lily G. said...

Great post by her!

♥ Marta ♥ said...

I adore this post...thank you for sharing. There are times when I feel like I am-shining and others like I am dimming. It seems that it is part of life... but I think that everyone should strive to shine everyday :)

Kristin said...

wow!!!! that post was fantastic!!