Friday, July 3, 2009

Honest Scrap

Honest Scrap Award from BakerGirl @ An Extended Vacation



You have to tell your readers ten things about you they may not know, but that are true. Then you have to tag 10 people with the award. Finally, let all the people you've given the award to know that they've gotten it (comment on their blogs or something). Don't forget to link back to the person who awarded you.

1. I have a son named Dierks (my mini daschund). The reason I really wanted a daschund is because my Papa (grandfather) used to have them all the time. He had one named Matthew and I remember that being the coolest dog ever... he knew so many tricks, loved playing with any kind of ball (even bowling balls). When his daschunds had puppies, I begged enough for my parents to let me have one so I picked the runt on named her Jasmine. Daschunds will always remind me of my Papa :) He went to be with Jesus 2 years ago & I'm sure he's taking care of Jasmine for me...

2. I love to read magazines... I'll read Shape, Fitness, Self, Glamour, etc plus all the healthy tips for eating and exercising and as soon as I put the magazine down, I forget about it. I really need to be more disciplined about my health.

3. I am thin but I am very unhealthy :( I don't workout and my eating habits are terrible... but I'm working on it. I have no upper arm strength and no endurance. Thankfully I still look ok in my clothes.

4. A shocking amount of people think that my fiance and I have the perfect relationship. We are a normal couple who fights, gets on each others' nerves, etc but to our advantage we have great communication and an understanding of one another. Luckily, he's a communication major and I'm a psychology major so we work out problems pretty well.

5. I am very, very close to my family. I live in Corpus Christi right now but I drive home to Dallas AT LEAST once a month... more if I can. I've really gotten used to the 7 1/2 hour drive.

6. After I finish graduate school, Justin and I want to move outside Austin. We'd move right now we could. I love Lake Travis and the Marble Falls area... I'm actually trying to get my parents to relocate there as well. :) (Everyone cross your fingers and pray that they can sooner or later!)

7. I want 4 children, but I'm deathly afraid of giving birth. However, with every friend of mine who has a child, I think to myself, "If she can do it, I can do it." I'm sure I'll take that back during labor when I do have kids.
I am one of 6 kids and I love having a big family. :)

8. I think my favorite food is salmon. Like I said, I think it is... I'm sure it'll change later. I can tell you for sure that my favorite type of food is seafood :)

9. I am a horrible cook. I just don't have the attention span for it. Either I get impatient and it ends up undercooked or I get distracted and burn it. I just suck at it...
However, I am very good at baking :) I can make amazing pumpkin bread...

10. I am an optimistic pessimist... yeah, I don't get it either.

...................................................
It's Unbeweavable!
Bookish Blonde
Diary of a "So-Called" Narcissist
lovemaegan
Brunch at Saks
hello lindello
TechnicalSupport
The Wild and Wily Ways of a Brunette Bombshell
Then I Got to Thinking...
Polli

10 comments:

BakerGirl said...

Haha, I can't believe you can't cook but love to bake! i love baking but it's much more scientific and time consuming than throwing a meal together!

Kristin said...

I can totally sympathize with your number 9....I am ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE at cooking!!!

I wish Texas and KY weren't so far apart...I think we could be friends IRL lol. Oh geez, now I sound like a creepster lol. Oh well. :P

Now I hope that you have kids first so I can say, "If she can do it, I can do it." I watch A Baby Story and practically pass out but I'd love to have a house full of kids, lol. Irony.

Brunch at Saks said...

Oh thank you so much for the award! I will definitely do this post in the upcoming days!

I love your 10 things- I am SO with you on the cooking thing! Baking- no problem, cooking- not so much! Ha!

Happy 4th love :) xoxo

Elizabeth Marie said...

Thank you so much!!! I'll do it soon!!!

Your list is great...I'm terrified of childbirth too, and I can't cook to save my life. I mean, you saw how excited I got about making sangria! haha But baking...yep!!

I hope you have a happy 4th!! XOXO

Mrs. C said...

I'm with you on #4. People always think my husband and I are "perfect."

We just understand each other and have good communications skills. We, like you, have our argument and get on one another's nerves.

I've never been to Corpus. I live outside of Houston, but the Austin area is beautiful. Couldn't live with all the "hippies" though lol. My hubby is an Aggie.

Sharon McPherson: AUTHOR / ARTIST said...

Hi!

Thank you for tagging me with the award. Pleased!!! To tell ten things about oneself seems like hard work, but on reading yours you really get a sense of knowing you, so overall it's a really good idea.

I can't believe you say you are unfit. You don't have to be an Olympic athlete to be fit and looking at your ID Photo you seem fit and are very pretty :)

I like Daschunds too and it was between that breed or Papillion and we chose a Papillion. I need to put a post up soon about my dog.

Again thanks!!!! I'll try and think of something interesting for my list.

♥ H ♥ said...

I want to move to outside of ATX tooo!!! I LOVE Lake Travis. Heaven!

brooke said...

i love that you have add when it comes to cooking...that is so me...

heisschic said...

yay great 10! and thanks---

...love Maegan said...

awe, you're so sweet. Thank you! ...and congrats ;)