Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My First Mother's Day

This past Sunday was my very first Mother's Day as a mommy! I had our baby boy, Luke, in December. He's 4 1/2 months old now.


So far, I've been blessed with a calm, content baby. But on Mother's Day, I woke up to a pissed off, screaming child. lol Fitting... I thought. I'd hoped to sleep in but Luke had other plans. We finally all got up, grabbed a quick McDonald's breakfast that we ate in the car... not to dare wake Luke up from his much needed nap.

He was pretty unusually grumpy the whole day... but I would not trade it for the world! I'm pretty sure he's going through a growth spurt or something. They tend to be easily agitated in those times. lol

My child looking like the infamous "grumpy cat" in this photo:
Happy Mom & Dad: "Let's go have a wonderful family lunch!"
Grumpy Luke: "No."

lol

So much changes when you have a baby. You can never truly be prepared. You just take it day by day and you'll love it more than you can imagine. My world revolves around him. The decisions I make, big and small, are all made around him. It is no longer about me. And that's okay. :)

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommy's out there!

No comments: