Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Things really do happen for a reason.

I am absolutely loving my new job. :) My supervisor is the sweetest person and she is such a joy to be around. When I was "let go" from my prior job I was certainly in a panic! I didn't know what I was going to do. I applied for so many jobs in just a 24 hour period and I was already trying to figure out how to apply for unemployment.

I decided to stop freaking out and let God handle it. I knew he knew what he was doing.

Monday I got a phone call about an interview the following Wednesday and I got the job! During the interview, they mentioned wanting to bring someone new on in a few weeks (which I didn't have a few weeks! I needed money NOW) and when I found out I got the job, they just so happened to want me to start on the following Monday! That extra week or two was such a blessing.

Anyway, my new job is only 20 minutes away while my old one was 45. The company is HUGE and my supervisor is already talking to me about ways she can train me in other areas then just my position so I can move up in the company. Also, it's full time plus some overtime! I've only worked there for 2 days and she already offered me some overtime this Saturday! (Hellooooo time and a half :D )

Basically, this job is such a blessing.

Just remember, you may think everything is falling apart and going wrong but God knows what he's doing. :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm trying to let God do his thing right now, but sometimes is so hard not to try and do it all yourself. So glad it worked out for you, he definitely knows what he's doing!

Holly Embry said...

Good for you, girl! I'm so glad to hear things are working out so well. I went through a similar situation recently. My car was totaled in a flash flood, and I was really freaking out and having a "Why did you DO this to me, God?" moment. But it turned out that my old car was worth more than I thought, so I was able to completely pay for a new car that gets WAY better gas mileage. Right when I though God was completely ignoring my prayers to help our finances, I realized He was actually answering those prayers. It came about in an unexpected way, but it was an answered prayer all the same. Thanks for sharing your uplifting news with us!

Kristin said...

So happy for you!