Wednesday, May 25, 2011

5 Tips - Getting out the door in the mornings FAST and FABULOUS

via
We've all done it. You sleep through your alarm, hit snooze 1 (or 2 or 3 or 4) too many times, or something like this that induces havoc to our morning routine. Here are 5 tips to help you walk out the door fabulous AND fast!
....................................................................................


1. Pick your outfit the night before 
I am THE worst about standing in my closet staring blankly at the abundant clothing and thinking how I have nothing to wear. This is definitely detrimental to my morning routine! Instead - set aside your outfit for the following day the night before. Getting dressed in the morning will be a cinch!
 
2. Work your natural texture OR "style" your hair the night before so all you need the morning of are a few touch ups
Ok, I have naturally curly hair. If I'm going to style my hair straight (or wavy using a flat iron) I style my hair the night before, sleep on it, and touch up in the morning. This saves me SO much time! On the other hand - go au natural for rushed mornings. Work your natural texture or at the very least... you can resort to a classic bun to tame the mane. (I practice that last one religiously)
 
3. Have a "signature" makeup look ready
Keep your "go-to" makeup in a separate makeup bag from the rest. Know your favorite colors and simplest looks because this will be your go-to routine for those late mornings! If you want to take this a step further, practice applying a full face of make up in under 5 minutes! (You can do it! I've seen beauty gurus on YouTube record this challenge and it's pretty interesting! Search some for inspiration)
 
4. Keep your shoes, purse, etc by the door
This may drive my fiance crazy but I always leave my purse and shoes by the front door. This way, when I'm rushing out the door those last few items I grab are right there waiting for me. :)

5. Have a grab-n-go breakfast
Have breakfast bars or whatever your choice ready to grab and go! Preferably, choose a breakfast you can eat (or drink) in the car. Cereal bars and breakfast shakes are perfect! Like fruit in the morning? Have it cut up and ready to go in a ziplock bag waiting in the fridge. You don't have to skip breakfast if you do a little planning!
 ...............................................................................................
What are your tips for making your mornings faster? 

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh this is what I do every single morning. ALL OF THE ABOVE! hahaha

lil desiqua said...

Wow great post! I do all of these too! Sometimes I even hang whatever necklace/bracelet/jewelry I want to wear with the outfit on the hanger so I'm not sorting through it in the morning. I also pre-set my coffee maker the night before so it's ready for me to pour and go in the mornings- I need my caffeine fix!

Love your blog- I'm your newest follower!

Urska M. said...

I'm usually waking up 2 hours before I go to work or somewhere else so luckily I'm not having problems at all. :) I have my little daily routine I'll stick to probably like forever.. I'm always taking like an hour or something for me and my coffee & the other one for breakfast and shower etc. :) It's so great to start the morning slowly and positively <3 xoxo

Urska @
Live.Create.Inspire