Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ahh, at last... my True Match :)

I finally found a foundation that I love! It's Loreal's True Match in N1 (Soft Ivory).
I was flipping through my Allure from last month and Loreal had an advertisement in there with a removable "color-matching" card that you placed against the top of your wrist to find your shade (and whichever shade disappeared was your match). I was surprised when the lightest neutral shade disappeared and my first thought was that this stuff was going to make my face look like a ghost! But I decided to give it a try because also included in this advertisement was a $2 coupon. :) *winning*
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. This color disappeared right into my skin providing a nice, even coverage!
2. It is not cake-y AT ALL. Honestly, this is only foundation I've tried where it literally feels like my skin! 
3. You can definitely build the coverage by adding layers. However, I prefer one layer to provide a nice, even canvas to begin with and using concealer to hide imperfections. This is how I've found to acheive the most natural look. 
4. It's inexpensive ($7-$9 depending where you purchase)! So it's not a big deal to buy one for winter and one for the summer. Plus, you can mix the two when you are transitioning into season. (You know, where you're in between tan and pale in the Spring and Fall) lol

5. I have sensitive and oily-prone skin. I only break out when something irritates my skin (which is why I research for about a month before buying a product meant for my face lol). So far this foundation hasn't broken me out at all.

6 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I'm on the hunt for a new foundation and will look for it!

NantucketDaffodil said...

I'm a bit freckly,so most foundations look fake on me, but this sounds great, thanks!!!

Lindsey said...

I've used this before, and I don't remember what I thought of it. I think maybe I thought it was too oily, but sounds like it works perfect for you! I like a very matte finish. YAY for a new blog post! I was just thinking if you can balance blog, life, work then you can keep at it! i hope you don't disappear - you were my first blog friend!!!!!!!

Erin Tagle said...

I've missed your blogging! :) BUT I bet ya are super busy with that wedding planning. :)

I'm going to try this stuff! {for the ONE day a week I wear makeup}

Stephanie said...

I don't even know how to wear foundation! I'm so bad at being a girl. Ha!

Shelley said...

Maybe Ill try this next!! I've been through almost every type of foundation and the only one that I LOVED was $60 (Channel). Ulg, too expensive.

Thanks for the tip!!!

PS, I'm a new follower!! Love your blog!! I'm bummed that I missed your recent Impromptu Giveaway. Cant wait for the next one.