Monday, March 7, 2011

Closet Organization - I'm finally done (I think) & some tips!

I finally got around to cleaning the closet! It's not perfect by any means but I did do some major organizing :)

Before:

After

Just a glimpse:

Jewelry, shoes, & other pretty things:
*I highly recommend the Lauren Conrad "Style" book!

I arranged his side from pants to short sleeves to long sleeves...

All of my shirts - arranged from no sleeve to long sleeve then T-shirts in the very back...

Purses, cardigans, sweaters, scarves...

Intimates, PJs, some of his clothes, and his shoes: 

His shoes:

I love how nice this looks! (I'm working on building my shoe collection... hehe)

The mood finally struck tonight and reorganized the closet.  A few of my tips:

1. Organize your shirts no sleeve to longest sleeve. 
- You'll never be able to find that cute, sleeveless shirt buried behind the sweaters!

2. Shoes as art? Leave em' where you can see em'!
- This way, you'll see all of your shoe options every day...

3. Fold your sweaters.
- You don't want those pesky little hanger humps on your shoulders.

Basically - Try to keep things accessible. I plan to create some of my favorite outfits from my wardrobe and keep a photo journal so I know what's in there! 

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks great girl! Don't you feel so much better now? I do long sleeve on top and short sleeve on a rack below it. I can't imagine having them mixed together, what a nightmare!

Secondly, I saw that LC Style book at Borders @ Park & Preston on sale. Is it work the buy? All the books in there are 25% off because it's closing. Should I go back and get it?!

Happy Monday! I'm sick of this wine. WAAAAH!

Cupcakes and Cosmopolitans said...

Looks good! I love looking at organizined closets, everything just looks all pretty/neat.
I wish I had a walk in closet. My closet is super small, totally not fair since my parents have two walk in closets in there room.

$armin<3

Erin Tagle said...

"Trying to grow my shoe collection" .. bahahaha - love it! :)

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

Wow I need your closet and I am loving your OOTD

Ashley said...

wooohoooo! way to go girlll! Love organization! :) come do my closet?! :)