Monday, November 22, 2010

More makeup! (Plus reviews!)

Ok, so I've bought even more makeup recently... lol Maybe I have a problem? No. lol I just watch too many YouTube beauty videos! I get so many ideas and things I want to try. This YouTube video is the reason I bought the nude lipstick!

Maybelline "The Falsies" Mascara
I like this mascara. It's not a miracle worker or anything but it's a good mascara and does fine on my lashes. I bought it in the darkest black.

I like the wand too. It's a bit flat and curved but it seems to work.

Do my lashes look fake? No. However, I only bought this because a friend of mine wore it one day and I was SO envious of her lashes... turns out she just has really great lashes. lol

Covergirl "Perfect Blend" eyeliner in black
This stuff is okay. I mean, it's eyeliner. lol It gets the job done. It claims to be "water resistant" but it still gets a bit smudged throughout the day. For $4 I'm not complaining.

Rimmel "Stay Matte" foundation
I really like this foundation. I do notice that my skin is not as oily when I use it. It provides light-medium coverage. To me, it provides just enough to even out my skin tone (which is what I want!) I use concealer to hide blemishes and such. I think this is a great base for those who don't want anything too cake-y. I just don't feel like myself in "thick" makeup so I like my skin to look as natural as possible.


Revlon Matte Lipstick in "Mauve it Over"
I saved the best for last! This is definitely a lipstick I will repurchase. I wanted a nude colored lipstick for everyday wear but in a pink tone so it wouldn't wash me out. I love this lipstick. The color is perfect for my fair/beige skin. You do have to reapply throughout the day but not too often. And it was only $5!


Happy (early) Thanksgiving!!!

Remember, we all have something to be thankful for...

2 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Love these reviews! I had a similar experience with the Falsies mascara. Eager to try out that lipstick, though!

Eva said...

I love make up reviews! Thanks for this. I will definitely be looking into that lipstick.

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com