Thursday, June 3, 2010

Better Legs with 3 Easy Tips

Summer time is here and it's time to break out those shorts! For some girls - this will be pain free but if you are like me, it's more of a slow [slightly painful] process.

No matter what your size, here are 3 tips for feeling more confident in those short shorts!


via

1. Self tanner is a miracle worker.
A tan (preferably fake!) will help to disguise so pesky little problems like cellulite and spider veins. Here are two suggestions I approve of from personal experience: Victoria's Secret Instant Self Tanner or Jergens Natural Glow. I've also heard good things about the St Tropez line as well...

2. 10 minutes of exercise really does add up.
Just devote 10 minutes a day (not even necessarily all at once!) to do a few short reps of leg exercises. You can do lunges, squats, and moves I'm sure you've seen through Pilates. (If you haven't seen/done Pilates before - it's the most effective muscle-toning workout I've done! It is HARD)

3. Minor changes to daily routines.
If it's convenient, you can bike or walk to work instead of drive.
Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
Walk on your lunch break instead of driving.

What other minor changes do you suggest?

Great websites for fitness advice and workouts:
Fitness Magazine
Shape
Self.com

2 comments:

♥Aubrey said...

Yes...YES...Yes!!! Bust out the shorts. Let those legs be shown :)-
I agree with your list. Self-tanners however have NEVER worked for me. I have to lay in the beds. Ugggh! And walking up stairs instead of elevators i suggest. It's a great workout whenever possible.

Pao said...

Excellent tips! Sometimes I feel bad, because my legs are not the best looking ones, and I am not able to wear shorts, because I'm scared. I'm going to buy one of those self tanners, and I already do the other 2 steps, it works, but very very slow :S