Monday, June 21, 2010

Magazines equal stress relief and I'm okay with that.


via

" Hello. My name is Lindsay and I am addicted to magazines."
"Hello Lindsay."
................................................

I don't know what it is... but I love magazines. I love the glossy pages, the colorful pictures, and the beauty/fashion/life advice. I know that the price of this habit adds up eventually, but I just can't help it!

Sometimes, I try to convince myself that I can look at the exact same photos and read the same stuff online... but it's just not the same! I would much rather hold it in my hands and read through it page by page.

I've decided to justify buying magazines because it counts as stress relief for me. I love to sit on my couch all comfy or in a hot bubble bath and read a juicy magazine. ;)

So, at least for now, I will continue to buy and read magazines because it benefits my health. (You know stress takes such a toll on the body!) I've been searching online for discount (or free!) subscriptions.


What's your unecessary must-have and how do you justify it??

10 comments:

Julie (brown eyed belle) said...

I love magazines too! I could very easily have an addiction if I allowed myself, but I try to refrain. I have a serious love for stationery. I really have no justification! I just can't get enough!

PS- I'm having a great giveaway right now! Come check it out :)

Brittany Ann said...

I'm the exact same way! I can't give them up!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh man. Same here. I love love love the glossy pages of magazines. I love flipping through each page and checking out the latest outfits and the colorful makeups....

{jami @ i m a g i n e} said...

Yes, I agree! Nothing like the glossy pages of a magazine! The problem is, is that I don't have enough time to read them all! My unnecessary must-have is a new outfit or dress for special dates/occasions. I don't really know how I justify it...I just do it!! :)

Love the blog! New follower! I've got a RUG giveaway happening at mine - come enter!

xo - jami
i m a g i n e

Holly said...

I think it's good to read, no matter what the material. Especially if it makes you happy! ;-)

My unnecessary must-have is junking. I am constantly going to garage sales, thrift stores, and estate sales searching for treasure. I justify it by telling myself that I can eventually find a crafty purpose for each and every thing I collect.

love jenny xoxo said...

I have the same problem but I always only look through half the magazine or skip the articles I wanna read for later... then I have old magazines that start building up. I do the same this with library books, and then I get late fees :( so much to look through!

Brunch at Saks said...

I love mags too! Have you ever bought the subscriptions from Amazon? They are super cheap (about $12-14) for a full year!

Kristin said...

I love mags too! Sometimes I finish them in one sitting, other times make them last a little longer!

mika said...

I'm addicted too!
I spend lots of my money to buy them.

http://mikasfashion.blogspot.com

drollgirl said...

i love magazines and books, too. i can't help it. i need to see it in front of me and NOT on a computer screen!