Friday, April 19, 2013

I'm Bringing Sexy Back! Well, Mine Anyway.

I think I've finally hit my breaking point. And I am so thankful for it!

I've never had an issue with weight until I landed my first "Big Girl Job". I'm naturally thin but so out of shape and unhealthy. It doesn't bother me so much that I've gained almost 30lbs in 3 years. What bothers me is the way I feel.

I'm tired all the time. Seriously, no matter how much sleep I get, I have no energy. I've become more reliant on energy drinks than I'd like to admit, but even then it seems to only help a little. I've finally come to the point where I'm tired of feeling like shit (excuse my French) and I'm realizing it's because I treat my body like shit!

I feed it crap, never exercise, and expect to be okay.

Well, I'M DONE.

This is the first time in a LONG time (years) that I've worked out for days IN A ROW. I am incredibly proud of myself! And it's an amazing feeling.

I've realized what works for me regarding motivation is just to do it. No excuses. Mindlessly, just put on your workout gear and kick ass. I'm off running before my brain can talk me out of it. Lol

Trust me, I don't FEEL like working out, but I do it anyway. I leave for work at 7am, work a 9 hour day, drive home for an hour, and when I get home... I just change into my workout clothes and go.

If you're the type that doesn't have the motivation, I suggest getting an app to track workouts. For me to see days in a row that I've worked out, it makes me not want to break my stride. You know what I mean?

Hopefully soon I can share with you what I find works for me with working out and eating right. :) I might even be brave enough to post a before and after! Lol





4 comments:

Lauren said...

Way to go with your motivation! Good luck!

stefaniegrace.com said...

Good job! Keep it up! :)

Sarah M said...

Keep it up! Once you start it's hard to stop. I finally got the bug at age 35 after spending my 20's overweight.

Kasey Lynne said...

That's awesome girl!! I needed this kind of motivation/encouragement!