Thursday, April 25, 2013

The not-so darling twenties.

I thought about what I was going to post about earlier today. Recently, my face broke out real bad (crazy hormones) so I was going to share with you my tips for covering up without looking like a cake face. lol Well, my heart is being led in an entire different direction tonight. 

I keep this pinned at my desk at work as a reminder.

I'm in my twenties and as almost all women in their twenties can attest, it's a pretty tough time.  You are growing up, going through so many changes and your entire life is unsettled. You're just beginning in life, your career, love... Insecurity creeps up on you so easily!

I think Taylor Swift says it perfectly:
We're happy free confused and lonely at the same time
It's miserable and magical oh yeah 
-22

You may hate where you are right now. I sure have and sometimes still do. I had a serious breakdown a few months ago and my husband finally enlightened me. 

You are not here, in this exact moment, by accident.

Not married yet? He knows the person and time for you to cross paths.
Hate your job? You were brought there for a reason. He knows the exact time to open the door to something new!
No babies? He knows the perfect time when everything will fall right into place. 

We all know that we're here for a purpose. Rather than worry about our grand purpose, focus on your daily purpose. You woke up for a reason! I believe that every day we have a purpose. We cross paths with so many people and you never know what's going on in the grand scheme of things. I've looked back at some times I was very depressed, and some things all make sense now. Positive situations I have now could not have occurred without the heartbreak that came before them.

                                                                 3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
                              Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
                              And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
                                                                 Psalm 37:3-4 

I didn't mean to go all preachy tonight. lol This was just on my heart and I had to obey! If you are feeling lost, hopeless, and left-behind... remember, you are exactly where you are for a reason. God does nothing by accident!

2 comments:

karengodby said...

:) well said. Love you ladybug!

Aunt Karen

Lauren said...

So true! Thanks for reminding me!