Monday, November 14, 2011

Review: Conair Pro 1 inch Ceramic Flat Iron & How I Straighten My Unruly Hair

This is my natural hair. Now, let me preface this picture below by saying that this picture makes my hair look slightly better than in reality. I have thick, coarse, frizzy, curly hair.  I've always sworn by my beloved Sedu 1 Inch flat iron but recently, I found myself wanting something that packs a little more heat... 




The Conair Infiniti Pro 1 Inch Ceramic Flat Iron (Ulta - $39.99)
- heats up to 455 degrees
- 30 heat settings
- 15 second heat up

It promises high shine and smoothness - which I found to be true!

How I straighten my hair:
- I spray my hair all over with the Tresemme Heat Protector spray
- I start at the bottom and work my way to the top
- I section off about an inch of hair, brush it, and respray it with the heat protector
- I glide the flat iron down the hair in a constant motion
**NEVER stop moving the flat iron when it's touching your hair!
- I get the best results when I use the brush to hold my hair and "chase" the brush with my flat iron to insure that my hair stays taut and separated. 


The picture below is from the next day after sleeping on it. (And just between us, I didn't even brush it! lol I was running late... don't judge me.)


This is my new favorite straightener. It's better than the Chi and my old Sedu AND it's only $40! I would most definitely repurchase. It straightens my coarse, curly hair easily and my hair stays frizz free for days after. If you're in the market for a straightener that works, then I highly suggest this! 

(and Conair or Ulta aren't paying me... pshhh, I wish! I just really love it and wanted to share my discovery with you!)


Are we Twitter friends yet??? 
Twitter --> lindsaycene

Happy Monday! I hope you all have a beautiful week!

3 comments:

Lilly's Style said...

Love me a good straightener :)
Your hair looks great! Love the last pic of you, adorable :)

Lindsey said...

yowza, that's a big claim! Better than CHI huh?? I loveeee my Chi. But your hair does look fab, I may have to check this out!

Adelgrim said...

Review: Conair Pro 1 inch Ceramic Flat Iron & How I Straighten My Unruly Hair. This is my natural hair. Now, let me preface this picture below ... conairflatiron.blogspot.com