Monday, November 14, 2011

11/11/11


My fiance and I have been together a little over 5 years. We've had our ups and downs and gone through many trials and tribulations. We've separated and ran back to each other... twice. I have learned that a healthy, functional relationship where two people can truly be happy cannot be centered around him or her. It must revolve around God. It's amazing how when you let go of the wheel (a la Carrie Underwood lol) and let God take control - things just fall into place. 

I took the photo above to remember the 3rd and final time he'll have to ask me to marry him <3

5 comments:

♥ H ♥ said...

Aww! Love this post and you are SO RIGHT!!

Kristin said...

How did he give you the letter?

Lindsay [Bella Cene'] said...

It was so sweet! He had all these elaborate plans like driving me out to the airfield where you can watch the planes land on the runway but at the last minute decided not to because he thought I was tired. (and I was) so I get home and immediately get online and start researching venues. lol I knew we wanted to get married but I didn't know when he was gonna ask me for the last time. He literally just handed me the letter by putting it in front of me and as I read the part "Will you marry me?" I turn around and he's holding the ring. It was so sweet! He said he wanted to give me a letter because he knew the moment he'd get down on one knee he'd forget everything and he didn't want that to happen. It was such a sweet moment and since then the planning has gotten serious!! lol We're planning a January wedding :)

Kristin said...

oh so the wedding is coming up soon! do you have most the details figured out? big or small? ours isnt until sept so it still feels far away

Kasey Lynne said...

Congratulations! That ring is gorgeous!!