Friday, September 24, 2010

Matte skin all day? Why I think I will :)

Unfortunately, I have pretty oily skin. On any normal weekday, I've got a Crisco-inspired forehead by 10am. I am constantly blotting all day to avoid blinding anyone from the reflection of my T-zone. I've tried an assortment of lotions and makeup products promising a "matte" result... and nothing ever seemed to control the oily beast escaping from my skin.

That is, until I got a little sample of this product in my Allure magazine last month:


$10.79 at Walmart

As Usher would say: "Oh my gosh, I'm so in love - You make me wanna say Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh... OH MY GOSH"

I had to buy it.

Seriously, I can go throughout the WHOLE workday (that's 10 hours right now because we're working overtime!) and not have to blot one time. I love love love this stuff!

The texture is a bit strange but it works. A little bit goes a long way, and best of all - it can double as eyeshadow primer! (Why buy 2 products when 1 can get the job done?) Also, I've got super sensitive skin and this product doesn't irritate it at all!!

I definitely give it 5 stars.

Here are a few other positive reviews I've found online: Gouldylox Reviews, xoladiihoneyxo, Beauty Girl Musings (says it's a must-have!), & the Beauty Alchemist

2 comments:

wilybrunette said...

ooooh, i love makeup that works. and at an affordable price?! eureka! thanks for sharing.

Sara Louise said...

I'm the same as you, I get shiny. And I don't like it! I've been using L'Occitane Rice Ultra-Matte Face Fluid lately, it works all day long, keeping the shine away :-)