Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Run to You


"I run, my life. Or is it running me?
Run from my past, I run too fast.
Or too slow, it seems.
When lies become the truth, that's when I run to you."

Ever since I finally actually listened to the words of this particular part of the verse of the song "I Run to You" by Lady Antebellum, I can't stop playing this song. I have so many feelings, emotions, etc that I never quite know how to put into words and I find that music solves this dilemma for me. :)


Moving on, yesterday I almost lost my poor Dierks! Somehow, the side gate was left open and he ran to the neighbor's house and they sent him back over here. I thank Jesus for such good neighbors who actually cared whether he came back home, rather than not caring if he wandered off!

But he came back :) This is our little bundle of joy. (He's eating a softball right now, I think.)


Lately, I've been a little overwhelmed with all this graduation stuff. I've got so many things due in the coming weeks. I am VERY close to just taking my degree and running but some of my family has already booked their rooms for Corpus (and they're from Dallas) just for my graduation. (So I guess I have to walk the stage) I can't wait for May 16th to be here... just because it'll be over... for a little bit at least.

5 comments:

Robert said...

Hah, cute dog. We have cats that are afraid of open doors. As long as we can keep that fear we shouldn't have them running off. Congrats on your graduation! Deep breaths, it will all be over soon...

Christie Cottage said...

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and graduation! Sounds like your plate is full!

I found your blog on etsy. That's where you can find me.
christiecottage.etsy.com

mandi said...

oh , i adore that song as well and as far as your pup he is so cute!

Hollyrocks said...

Aw, I grew up with a daschund. I love those dogs, they are my absolute favorite breed. Yours is especially cute!

Wedding_Skulls said...

Yaaay, he came back! That's the best news :)

Congrats on your soon-to-be graduation and wedding!