Monday, March 5, 2012

January 8, 2012 - Our Wedding: The Details

Northeast Wedding Chapel in Hurst, TX.


We loved the intimacy of this chapel. I'd always dreamed of a little wedding in a small, quaint church and this venue definitely provided the feeling! I loved the cute, antique-y decor. We wanted our wedding to have vintage/antique inspiration. This venue was simply beautiful.





Our "in memory" table - we used old photos instead of more recent ones to add to the antique feeling we were going for. I actually ended up loving the idea. The pictures were of our grandparents who have passed on when they were in our stage of life.


This was so creative! My (then) fiance told me not to worry about my "something blue" but he wouldn't tell me what it was! He promised me I'd figure it out on the day of the wedding and he was right :) He wrote on the bottom of my shoes in blue.


I wanted classic red roses for myself. I even did my own flowers!


The bridesmaids carried ivory roses to contrast with their red dresses.



The reception hall was on site and just as simple and beautiful.





We bought these cute favors at the Dollar Tree! (Yes, THAT Dollar Tree!) We went to a candy store and bought M&M's only in our wedding colors - ivory and red - to fill the boxes.


We bought a case of bubbles at Walmart and metallic address labels to make DIY bubble favors.




Photos by Sarah's View Photography

More pictures to be posted tomorrow!

4 comments:

Bunnie said...

Oh wow love this!

http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

Stefanie Grace said...

so lovely! And good work on the flowers! :)

Lindsay [Bella Cene'] said...

Oh thank you so much! I wanted them to be as fresh as possible so my bridesmaids and I stayed up til 2am the night before the wedding! It was crazy but totally worth it in the end! One bouquet at a florist shop cost the total amount I spent on all the flowers!

Kristin said...

yay so glad you posted about the wedding!! love that you did the flowers yourself!! my flower lady wants $165 for my bouquet!! crazy!! i gotta keep shopping around! cant wait to see the bridal party pics!