Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Clinique Long Last Lipstick - "All Heart" (and application techniques!)

I was at Macy's recently purchasing foundation when the kind woman behind the counter gave me a free lipstick out of nowhere! (I think Clinique is changing it's packaging from the classic green to a more modern silver - my free lipstick was in the traditional packaging). I was a bit nervous when I opened the package to find a bright pink/red color (and honestly thought "Oh, what a waste") but decided I'd give it a try when I got home anyway. You never know!

Well, it turns out I LOVE IT. It's a beautiful pink-red and I get compliments on it every time I wear it.


I'm not one to splurge on lipstick because there are so many affordable options for the same great quality. BUT you can definitely take advantage of their packaging changes! I found the same lipstick on Amazon for only $3.99!
 


You can apply this lipstick like normal (i.e., straight from the tube) and it looks great! (Method used in my personal photo above)

 Or you can use a lip brush for a more precise, even coverage. 

But my favorite technique is to only apply to one lip, press my lips together, and use my finger to even it out for a matte, "lip stained" look!
(or you can apply with just your fingertips to accomplish the same thing)

xx *muah!*


3 comments:

lil desiqua said...

Very pretty!! Though I'm a fan of Clinique- it's the only non-drugstore lipstick I own!

Stefanie Grace said...

very pretty! i like it!

A "cheery" disposition said...

lovely color.