Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Skincare Routine

I have oily, sensitive skin. Finding what works for me has been a long uphill battle. Every now and then I like to venture out and try something new but I always go back to what works. I don't buy those pre-packaged "sets". I finally found what products work for me and they come from 4 different companies. Now, my skin is not perfect (because really, whose is...) but it's most definitely tolerable. I figured I'd share with you what works for me! (Hey, you never know!)

First, I wash my face with the new Neutrogena Naturals face wash. I love this stuff! Most products break me out (sensitive skin... bleh) so I used Johnson's Baby Soap for a long time. THEN I gave this stuff a try and I love it! I definitely recommend this if you tend to have a bad reaction to most washes.


about $7 (drugstores)

 I always use the Olay facial brush when I wash my face. (I put the Neutrogena Naturals on it). I love this thing! It's $180 cheaper than the Clarisonic and works just as well. I highly recommend using one when washing your face - You'll never go back to that rag or just your hands :)
about $25 (drugstores)

This is the only product I use that contains any "acne fighters". I apply a thin layer all over (to treat and prevent) and this stuff works really well for me. I can't tell you how many tubes I've gone through!
about $6 (drugstores)

This is by far my favorite moisturizer. It smells good (to me at least) and it leaves my skin so soft. A little goes a long way too... So it's definitely a great bang for your buck!
about $15 (drugstores)

And that's it! Remember, to have the best skin you must wash your face every night. Consistency is key! (Now I admit - I'm not perfect but I try to wash my face every night lol) Also, prices may be different depending where you live and where you shop. 

Please keep in mind that this is just what works for me. I am by no means a doctor! lol

What are your favorite skincare products?

Oh, and all images are from Google. :)

2 comments:

Kasey Lynne said...

You put the Spot Acne Treatment gel all over your face?? I haven't tried that...I only use it when I break out. I have really oily and sensitive skin as well, so I'm going to try some of these products!!

Thanks girl!

Kendra said...

I definitely have oily sensitive skin and I have been debating on the Olay facial brush.. I think I am going to try it now!