Thursday, September 22, 2011

Target Haul and First Impressions

I give you props if you can walk into Target and only leave what you came for! Me? I'm not so strong... these are my extra goodies I picked up. I wanted to share them with you and my first impressions!


1. Sonia Kashuk Small Duo Fibre Multipurpose Brush - $10.99
A nice, soft brush. Good quality. I've used this brush twice to apply my foundation (Maybelline FIT Me) and I really like it! It blends well. Honest first impression - It blends no different than my ELF Angled Foundation Brush. But I can always clean it and use it to apply a highlighter or something!

2. NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in Translucent - $2.79
Very nice!! I am actually surprised at how much I like this powder. It's very fine so it's blends out seamlessly. Definitely not a "cake face" product. I bought this to use as a setting powder with my Maybelline FIT Me foundation. Honest first impression - I'm hooked! 

3. Wet n Wild nail polish in Private Viewing - $1.99
The color is beautiful but it's very thin. After 2 coats, it's still pretty transparent. I've had it on over 24 hours and it still hasn't chipped! (That's a plus!) But I must say... I have to agree with The Bargain Blonde's theory about nail polish. Honest first impression - Pretty, but I wish it weren't so watery. 

4. Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain in Dawn - $7.09
I'm split 50/50 on this product as of now. It's a little darker than you would imagine. I was wanting a natural color I can slap on my lips and not worry about the rest of the day! I have to apply very lightly to make sure it's not too dark. After I apply and let it dry for a moment, I wipe my lips with a towel to tone the color down still. After that it's a pretty nice color for me. As for the balm on the opposite end, I love that! It leaves a gorgeous shine but it's not messy. Honest first impression - good product but no different from cheaper alternatives (Covergirl, Maybelline, NYC).

5. Milani Crystal Gloss in Whisper - $3.99
This is a gorgeous lip gloss! It's a soft neutral color with just enough shimmer but not thick glitter chunks. It smells delicious too! (BONUS!) lol Good quality for only $3.99. I believe it would look great on any skin tone. Honest first impression - Love it!

Have you discovered any new products you love or are worth sharing? Please let me know!

*Prices are from Target in Dallas, TX - may differ in your city!

3 comments:

Lilly's Style said...

Ah, Target....I usually leave with everything I didn't need and nothing I came in for :)
I haven't tried any of these products, so thanks for sharing.

JC said...

Haha! I'm the same way at Target. There's only been one time that I was able to put back what I didn't go there for!

I didn't know Revlon made Lip Stains! I love lip stains. I usually get stains by Cover Girl. I think lip stains generally run darker than what they're supposed to be so I just pick out shades that are lighter.

♥ H ♥ said...

I USE THAT SAME LIP GLOSS!!! And that same color. How funny! And I get so many compliments bc it just gives a little color with shimmer and goes good w my skin tone as well. We have great taste!