Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I Mustache You a Question...

Ok, so it's not really a "question". I just like saying that phrase. lol 

Olay Smooth Finish - Facial Hair Removal Duo:  A Review

It's come to that time. I'm 26, and it's time to start treatment for facial hair removal. I've fought it for a long time (mostly in denial, here recently) but I was tired of the shadow on my upper lip that I couldn't ignore. It's only blonde hair, or "peach fuzz", but nonetheless... it's casts a shadow. 

I didn't want to shave for fear it would grow back thicker and darker. And waxing just seems way too painful plus I almost always end up with an allergic reaction when I wax my eyebrows. So after a little research, I decided to try Olay's hair removal system. 


It's a "two part" (or "duo") system. The first part is a balm you thinly apply to protect your skin. The second is the actual hair removal cream.


one // I applied the balm first. You want to make sure it's thin so the hair removal cream can still bind to the hairs. It's pretty sticky actually... reminds me a lot of the lip balm that comes with Covergirl's Outlast Lipstick.

two // Then I thickly applied the cream. Let it sit for 6-8 minutes (no longer!). I waited only 6 for the first time just to make sure I didn't irritate my skin. After 6 minutes, I started to remove it with a cotton ball but found better luck with a rag. 

The results:
I was pleasantly surprised to see the hair wipe right off! It didn't burn or irritate my skin at all. I was pretty impressed though by how much hair was actually removed. My husband even noticed!

And sadly... it wasn't as "blonde" or "peachy" as I originally thought. lol It had a grey color on the cotton ball. lol 

My advice? If you don't have major hair on your upper lip, I say go for it! I mean, I don't know how well it'd work on a full blown stache. It was a little expensive ($23) but it is supposed to have 12 applications and the hair is supposed to stay away for 4 weeks. (That's just upper lip applications I'm sure) I watched YouTube videos of people doing the whole bottom half of their face. lol 

If you have any questions, ask in the comments. And if you've tried it before, how'd it work for you??

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I usually just get my lip waxed, but this sounds like it's a lot less painful. I'm glad to hear that it worked so well!

Kasey Lynne said...

I can't get my upper lip waxed either! I've been using a trimmer from Ulta, but I'd love to try this!!

Kristin said...

yay I will be off to buy this tmw! thx!!

Rachel said...

I'm a brunette....so yeah, I've been using a hair removal cream for my upper lip since I was like...14? I use the Sally Hansen one, though. I like pain-free hair removal, that's for sure!